Sunday, November 11, 2012

New Orleans

This past week we had a chance to go to New Orleans for a pool convention.  Garrett and I had a great time while Mark had to work! We went to the aquarium, a butterfly and insectarium, and the children's museum.  The last day Mark got to come to the zoo with us! It was fun to have him with us! Before our plane took off on Saturday we went and visited a plantation which just happened to have a fall festival going on.  It was still so cool to see the plantation.  The trees were amazing and somewhat magical!

So, as for visiting New Orleans, Im not sure I will be going back.  It was a neat place to see.  There was a lot of cool architecture.  The building were huge with these tiny streets in between them.  Everyone had shutters on their doors and windows, I believe for hurricanes.  We stayed in the warehouse district and a lot of warehouses were turned into business and parking.  It was a cool idea! The food was not my favorite.  Everything was fried and it was hard to find anything healthy to eat. The best part was we didn't need our car, we walked everywhere which was so much fun! We walked down Bourbon street and it was......interesting....  It was full of a lot of drinking, nudity and drugged out people.  It was kinda sad. I'm so grateful that I don't do any of that!   Needless to say, I'm so glad to be home and so glad I live in Utah!

Shout out to Lauren, she stayed home with Kortlen and took great care of him and the house and our zoo.  The house was sparkling clean and Kortlen had such a fun week with her.

Well, here is a few pictures of our trip!


Garrett in his own seat for the first time! He is such a big boy!


Garrett just being cute with a chocolatey mouth! This kid loves his m&m's 


The Dinosaur exhibit at the zoo.  Garrett was a little worried!

The beautiful trees on the plantation! I would love this tree in my yard! 


No comments:

Post a Comment